Good Afternoon Ranchos Middle School Families,
I would like to update you on a few items regarding distance learning from RMS.
* Distance learning has been extended to Friday, May 1st
* Teachers will have new curriculum available to students on Tuesday, April 14th. The new curriculum will cover new standards and concepts not taught. Assignments will need to be turned in through Google Classroom or completed packets to the office. This way teachers can grade and provide feedback to their students.
* All assignments starting Tuesday, April 14th will be graded and entered into Aeries to help with feedback for students and parents.
* Teachers will continue to use Google Classroom, Aeries, Zoom, and other online resources to support student learning.
* Teachers will starting using the Flipped Classroom model to help support students in their acquisition of new standards and concepts. Flipped Classroom is a model of teaching where students are exposed to direct instruction (teacher give notes and dialogue on a standard or concept) via Internet video. These videos will be sent via Google Classroom.
* Teachers will still utilize office hours to support new student learning. Students can email teachers or request a Zoom conference for additional support as needed.
* Teachers will provide weekly agendas to support organization and pace of the assigned classwork. The agendas for the week are attached below and can be found in Google Classroom. and RMS Website.
* If you have picked up a hard copy of student work for the 1st three weeks please come by the office, and drop it off in the box label "Completed Student Packets" starting Wednesday, April 1st.
* Finally, we still have a handful of students who have not start work during our distance learning. Its imperative that your child completes these assignments to maintain their grade level knowledge. If you need any support or questions, please contact Mr. Imperatrice or Mrs. Hart.
We miss our students and staff interaction tremendously. Please know your families our in thoughts and prayers during this time. We can't wait to see our community back together....
Read More »